12/20/2008

Finding the Jeans That Fit Your Body Type

Round Tummy

If your tummy is a bit round, your jean type should be a mid-rise with 4-5% elastic which will help give the appearance of a flatter stomach.

Tall with Slim Legs

Skinny jeans flatter this body type. Your jeans should be a darker wash, and hit just at the ankle. To top off the look, wear with cute ballet flats!

Fuller Bottom

Make sure the back pockets on your jeans are close together, if far apart, it can give the appearance of a wider bottom. No flap pockets, or horizontal designs!

Curvy Thighs

Your jean wash should be a solid color, no bleach spots. Avoid jeans with tapered legs! Wearing a bold top can draw attention to your face instead of your thighs.

Short-Waisted

Low riding jeans can elongate your waist, and layering with long colorful tees can make your torso appear longer. Stick to trouser style jeans with slash pockets.

Flat Hips and Bottom

Jeans with pockets are for you! Jeans without pockets will only appear to flatten you more.

Short Legs

Straight Leg or relaxed fit jeans will flatter your figure. To make your legs appear longer, you should wear high heeled boots or shoes.

Hey! It's Hannah. Now it's time for me to tell you my body type and how I find Jeans. I technically fit two categories. I have long slender legs, but at the same time, no hips or backside. I prefer skinny jeans with thick back pockets to make my backside appear fuller. When I'm not in the skinny jean mood, I wear boot cut form-fitting jeans that still have the thick back pockets. I hope this helps you if you fit more than one 'jean type'.

Howdy-do!!! Lillie here. I had alot, and I mean alot, of trouble trying to figure out my jean type. Turns out, I am tall with slim legs. Personally, I like skinny jeans, even though I can't find any long enough for me that fit every other way! Trouser jeans are my favorite type, though I do like wide leg pants. Hopefully this shows you that you're not limited to only one jean type.

Questions, Comments? modern.modest@gmail.com


We would like to give alot of credit to Brio Magazine for inspiring us and giving us topic ideas for "Finding the Jeans That Fit Your Body Type".

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to say thank y'all so much. I think this post really helped me. I can't seem to find good jeans anywhere, so thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete